Research activities at PBRI comrises several segments of biomedical research including investigations for enhancement of physiological knowledge, evidence of safety and evidence of efficacy. Identification and characterization of bioactive components from different origin is also a thrust area. Formulation development and their evaluation to confirm desired biological activity is conducted fo delivery a bioactive component as an administratable material. Researchers from acedemic organizations, and scientist from established researrh institutes and industries has established trust in research activities conducted at PBRI.
Few of the activities conducted at PBRI are as follows:
- Isolation, standardisation and characterization of bioactive components from botanicals
- In-vivo and in-vitro bioassay as an evidence of efficacy and pharmacolgical activity
- Molecular biology based investigations
- In-depth analysis of secondary mediators involved in inflammation, immunology and cancer
- Safety assessment including genotoxicity, acute toxicity, sensitization, irritation, carcinogenesis, repeated dose toxicity (acute, sub-acute, sub-chronic and chronic), reproductive toxicity, developmental toxicity etc.
- Formulation development and characterization
- Pharmacokinetic studies
- Cell line based investigations
- Method development for analytical purpose
- Microbiology studies including identification of microorganism and antimicrobial acitivity